List of Easy Fix-Ups
The condition of your home will have a huge impact on how fast it sells and its eventual selling price. Many fix ups cost very little and consist mostly of time and some elbow grease.
1. Clean the entire home thoroughly.
2. Clean the clutter from all closets, cupboards and cabinets.
3. Make your rooms look as spacious as possible.
4. Arrange furnishing so that it is easy to walk through your home.
5. Scale down the number of photos, pictures, portraits and posters hanging on walls.
6. Keep your curtains and draperies open as a rule.
7. Make your kitchen shine.
8. Clean your refrigerator inside and out.
9. Clean your oven.
10.Keep scented candles burning in the kitchen and bathrooms.
11.Keep bathrooms scrubbed and tidy with fresh soap and neatly hung towels.
12.Keep all sinks in the home clean and repair leaks or slow drains.
13.Go through your entire home and touch up paint.
14.Place plants or flower arrangements in strategic parts of the home.
15.Make sure that your home is well lit.
16.Use mirrors on walls if necessary to reflect light and make rooms look larger.
17.Make sure that all door knobs and keyed entries are working.
18.Clean up all around the house.
19.Put some color by your home’s entrance with potted flowers.
20.Keep all walkways clear, clean and in good repair.
21.Keep all outdoor furniture clean and in good repair.
22.Clean your gutters and roof.